What will you be doing
As a Linux system engineer, you will work closely together in project teams where you will meet your colleagues, external parties and clients. Internally, you have a lot to do with the junior system administrator and two CTOs.
You will be responsible for designing, reviewing, testing and auditing large and complex systems in similar environments. You play an important role in all phases of a project. You will review specifications, prepare quality plans and test plans, perform risk analyses, prepare logical and physical test designs and guide programmers during implementation of their software and users during acceptance tests.
Your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining, modifying, improving the internal and external Linux systems
- Implementation and maintenance of our Linux-based solutions at customer sites
- Testing, implementing new products/software on aforementioned Linux environments.
- Setting up, implementing and supervising the implementation (new) and migration (old) of systems internally and/or externally
Furthermore, you are actively engaged in updating your technical knowledge and skills so that you are familiar with the latest techniques and developments in your field. You put this knowledge at the service of the organization.
You will also regularly work for Voclarion.
Who are you
In the cooperation you are a reliable and pleasant interlocutor. You bring calm and overview in situations where others are already slightly panicky. That has to do with personality but also with knowledge.
- You have completed at least one relevant hbo education
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux.
- You have network knowledge and can configure network switches.
- You have knowledge of and experience with various testing methodologies.
- You are analytically strong and focused on process improvements and monitoring (nagios)
- You are solution and service oriented, with an eye for details and procedures
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English languages, both verbally and in writing
- You are flexible, proactive, able to set priorities and you like to get things done
- You work independently, are persistent and have good communication and social skills.
- You live in a radius of 40 km around Amsterdam
- You have driving license B/E
- You run without problems in standby shifts and sometimes work at “crazy times”
- You are willing to travel both nationally and internationally.
- Linux system administration, email, networking, DNS, DHCP, LLDP are all in a day’s work.
- Scripting (bash) is your main tool, but you’re not a loner
- You have experience with Nagios, High Availability (keepalived)
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Knowledge of network switches and their configuration
- You know how to use troubleshooting tools
- MS 365 has little or no secrets for you
- Experience with ipv6, ansible, asterisk is a plus, as is work experience with an internet provider.
If you have read the above with recognition, then The IP Company is curious about you. There are introductions waiting for you that will be thorough and fun at the same time.
Getting to know each other and offering you a cool job with room for initiative.
Excellent Salary (above market) depending on your experience
- Flexible working hours
- Good vacation arrangements
- Space for your development as a person and a professional
What else is important
Do not hesitate to respond if you think you are the right person for the vacancy Linux System Engineer. At Draiv Recruitment we don’t like to dilly-dally and therefore we keep the lines and procedures as short as possible. As soon as you have responded you will receive a confirmation. You can start as soon as possible.
An extensive assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
The IP Company and Draiv Recruitment do not accept acquisitions as a result of this vacancy, nor the offer of canvassing.